From:
Jan Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jan Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jan 2017 18:43:11 -0500

Hi Listies!

Thanks so much for your quick responses to my question regarding GF Ginger Beer.  Here are the responses:

1.  We really enjoy Bundaberg ginger beer. They are gluten free and state "safe for celiacs" on their website. An added bonus (for us) is that they use real sugar and not HFCS. We get ours at Costco.

2.  Lakefront Brewery in Milwaukee have added one recently.  It carries the "New Grist" label like their original GF beer.   The guys at Lakefront also make one that's not GF so you make sure you're picking up the "New Grist" ginger, not simply the "Lakefront Brewery" regular one.

http://www.lakefrontbrewery.com/beer

I've also seen a couple of recipe that uses ginger syrup which could be added along with your regular gf beer.  I was Dx long before Moscow Mules were a fad but grew up with Vernor's Ginger Ale soda.   Since I've never tasting ginger beer before, I have nothing for comparison beer-wise, I can say that New Grist is very ginger-y.

The coolest thing about Lakefront front Brewery is their pricing.  Since all their products are considered "premium" brews, they are a bit pricey but everything is priced the same.  Lakefront doesn't extra charge on its GF beer even though it makes up about 1/3 of company's sales.  (And before beginning production, they worked with ATF to get regulations changed so beverages "brewed without malt"  (g.f.) could be legally designed as "beer."  Today, the ATF goes by TTB and regulating non-malt beers handled by the FDA.)

3.  One person mention “Goslings”, look it up on the internet, and it was mentioned that the company says their product is GF, but to make sure, one should call the company.

4.  I got several people who mentioned “Reeds” Ginger Beer made by Trader Joe’s is GF