Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 1997 22:40:30 PST

Because I recognize many of the names from the approx.  600 surveys Gino
received for his science project, I wanted to thank everyone and report
that Gino won a blue ribbon tonight in Medicine and Health and also won
the Best fo Fair in the High school division.  Since he also won last year
in the middle school, this is some kind of record and should generate some
positive publicity on Celiac disease.  My daughter, Michele also won a
blue ribbon in Medicine and Health in the Middle school division for her
project on Gluten Free Flours.  The next step is the regional fair in two
weeks, so I will keep everyone posted.

Gino's topic last year was How do symptoms prior to diagnosis compare to
symptoms upon accidental ingestion of gluten after diagnosis?  This year
his project was How does timing affect the severity and variability of
symptoms of celiac disease?  Again we all thank you because these projects
could not have been done without so many people helping to distribute and
return surveys.

Gino and Michele are both committed to continuing their projects for
another year.  Gino has celiac disease.  Michele does not.  They are 15
and 13.

Jennie