From:
Mary Boucher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Boucher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Dec 2012 11:53:07 -0500

I purchased Gluten Free Cavanagh Polish sausage by TSD Distributing at my
local Sams Club in Wesley Chapel Florida on Saturday Dec. 15 and ate it on
Sunday.  Today (Mon.) I am having a severe gluten reaction -headfache,
nausea, diarrhea.   It also aggravates my dysautonomia, neuropathy, and
heart condition (caused from long standing malabsorption).

I am trying to locate the company on the web, but so far unsuccessful.

Since I am in the South for the winter, I suppose, I will need to be extra
cautious, since they don't have health codes for restaurants,  food
standards as we do in the North, and especially do not have the meat
standards that Michigan has.  Too Bad.

This is why I feel it is imperative that our congress, the USDA and the FDA
enforce a standard for labeling our gluten free foods.  If Europe and
Canada can have a standard labeling law enforced, what is wrong with the
United States?  Why are we so backward?  We people with Celiac have to pay
the price for our medical system not recognizing celiac disease and being
controlled by greedy pharmaceutical companies.

Mary in MI and Florida.

*******
*******