From:
Michael and Nancy Owen Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Oct 2001 11:03:29 -0700

Here's the summary of doctors in the Eugene/Springfield, Oregon area.  3
are medical doctors, 2 are naturopaths, and 2 of them are celiac
themselves.  Now I have the much preferred problem of deciding which one to
see.

Thanks to all that replied!
mike myers

-----------------------------

My Doctor is LARRY W. HIRONS.  He, also has Celiac disease. He is
located at what was formerly called Eugene Hospital and Clinic, 1162
Willamette St., Eugene, OR 97401. (I don't recall the current name for
the clinic, but I think it's now part of Sacred Heart Hospital.)  His
phone number is 541-687-6011.

-----------------------------

I am from Eugene, and my internist did not diagnose me.  Fortunately, I met
up with Dr. Gregory Knect (gastroenterologist) because my internist was
sick.

He was fabulous!!  My internist kept telling me my symptoms were due to
stress.  Dr. Knect however, told me he thought I had celiac sprue.  He
can be reached at (541) 484-4500.  I highly recommend him.

-----------------------------

I have found that ND alternative doctors are much
better handling other celiac related problems.

I highly recommend:

Dr. Skye Weintraub 541-345-0747
Dr. Stephanie Wilson 541-683-9357

I found a Springfield Doctor on a National Web Site about Celiac Disease
(http://www.celiac.com/doctors.html) a couple of years ago.  She is at Lane
Gastroenterology Associates in Springfield 726-4686.  Her name is Dr.
Sarah Brendler.  Unfortunately she wouldn't see my son because he is
only four and she doesn't take pediatric patients.