From:
Kathy Slater <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 13:52:09 -0500

Michelle Melin-Rogovin, Program Director at The University of Chicago Celiac Disease Program, deserves a round of applause for her well-thought comments regarding using a teaching hospital for diagnosis and treatment of celiac disease. It is excellent advice. Although my daughter and I were diagnosed and treated at a teaching hospital in Iowa and thus not patients in her program, she very graciously assisted us when I called seeking a second opinion regarding blood test results and gluten contamination in college food services. We are so fortunate to have someone like Michelle who graciously shares her time and expertise with us. She is truly a blessing to the celiac community.