From:
Michael Kern <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Kern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 20:03:04 -0700

Hi list,

Several people wrote who had eaten at P.F. Chang's. All except one said it was a very good experience. Several stressed that they were quite sensitive, so they thought that when they had no reaction, there was no gluten in the meal. One person ate at P.F. Chang's in Naples, Florida, and did not get gluten free food. She sent it back, and eventually got what she wanted, but by then her companions had finished their meals.Several mentioned that they take their own soy sauce, and in some cases ask the cook to use it.

Also, regarding my mention that there was a Chang's on Broadway(Seattle)- it was pointed out to me that this is a different Chang's- Chang's Mongolian Grill. That is the place where I had gone, and ascertained that I could not get a gluten free meal.

Overall, it seems that P.F. Chang's may be one of the better places for us to go out. A lady from Boston said they have a flourless chocolate cake!

Michael