From:
David Nelsen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 10:12:27 -0500

My family just returned from a week in upstate WA.  We stayed on San Juan
island (http://www.sanjuanisland.org) for 4 days & had a great time doing
all the touristy stuff.

I took 2 evenings of cooking school from the wonderful ladies at
glutenfreeda (http://www.glutenfreeda.com/ I have no financial affiliation).
It was superb.  No only did I learn lots of GF (& general) cooking tips, I
had the most wonderful (gourmet GF) eating experience in over 2 years.

We stayed at States Inn (see http://www.statesinn.com/ again no financial
affiliation), a local B&B.  Amy, our innkeeper, made me a "special"
breakfast each morning.  She ordered special ingredients and cooked my food
separately from the others' and was very aware of contamination issues.
Furthermore, the accommodations were excellent & the location was idyllic.

Several local restaurants were great too, Downriggers and Duck Soup inn come
to mind.

I couldn't possibly give higher marks to the whole experience (not to
mention the enormous Orca that broached 20 feet from our whale-watching
boat).

David
Little Rock