From:
Chris Schwebel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Nov 2000 03:10:16 GMT

I was diagnosed with CD 7 years ago.  A year ago I developed an itchy
burning rash on forehead and scalp - it comes and goes, but mostly stays
just under the surface!  I have yet to determine what it might be (a
dermatologist said it was acne, I know from symptoms, it is not).  On
occasions the scalp has been so itchy/burny I had to just run water over my
head! Rash on forehead is tiny little bubbles just under the surface. When
itchy, they get bigger and redder and blotchy. I don't use any shampoos that
have wheat proteins or wheat germ or HVP, etc... I am mind-boggled... do not
know if it is contact dermititus...or beginning of dh, or allergy to
something...

Does DH continue to worsen as time goes on? As a new member of this list I
am just clueing into DH wondering if it might be that.  Per an old message
of Dr. Murray's he states it is unusual for CD people to develop DH, and if
they do, it most likely happens within 6-12 mos.   Since DH is lifelong as
is CD, how critical is it to get the DH diagnosis quickly?  I am already
maintaining a very strict gluten free diet.  (never cheat... but sometimes
might get traces of gluten) and I am trying to get pregnant so couldn't take
any Dapzone at this time.

Is there anyone out there that has symptoms similar to mine?  If so,
what did you determine was the cause of the rash??? I have tried
switching laundry detergents...tried zillions of haircare products and
finally found a Paul Mitchell shampoo that worked, but the next time I
bought the same kind, my rash flared up again!!!>??  I am rather
frustrated!  The shampoo/cond/gels etc. that I have tried don't have any
wheat products and still the rash....  I have tried some of the shampoos
listed in previous logs, but not all.

Send words of wisdom!  Thanks for your help.

Chris