From:
Chris Woodcock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 1995 07:53:07 -0400

My daughter was diagnosed (2x biopsy - original positive biopsy then
challange biopsy) about 10 yrs ago when she was 2 1/2 -- she has CD!  She has
no immediate reaction (either short or long term) if she eats small amounts
of gluten -- we suspect that harm is more long term.  Once she was given
chicken with (wheat) bread crumbs and told they were from rice bread.  She
could "taste" that they were wheat, but unfortunately was "forced" to eat
quite a bit.  Other than being quite angry and emotionally upset, we saw no
real physical probelems.   Fortunately, she does not need her body to react
to "keep her clean" -- she is quite concientous, apparently remembering the
awful (pre-diagnosis) feelings when she was a baby.  She now reads all labels
and watches all cooking like a hawk -- if there is any doubt in her mind, she
will not eat it.