Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2013 22:43:54 -0500

I have a newly diagnosed celiac friend who is allergic to tomatoes, garlic
and onions. I've been trying to find entrees for her that will not totally
discourage her regarding the taste of GF food. Boy, I certainly didn't
realize until now just how many dishes use at least one of the offending
foods.

Does anyone know of substitutions for tomatoes or garlic or onions? I know
mushrooms can be used in some dishes as a sub for tomatoes, but I'm at a
loss for subs for garlic or onion. She's also allergic to tuna and pecans,
and to a lesser degree, cucumber. Since she's new to the GF diet, I'm
looking for standard, home style recipes that she might have grown up with.
Bread won't be a problem, but as they say, "man (or woman) cannot live by
bread alone."

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers~~Ayn in Kansas

--
*
We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace...* Millen

*******