Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 2004 21:42:16 EDT

Does anyone know exactly how much gluten protein is left after the distilling
process of vinegar? I'm a highly sensitive Celiac who is also highly allergic
to wheat and rye. It causes not just the cramps and all but the asthma to act
up very bad. Thus I stay stricktly on the GF diet for three and a half years
now. Since CSA has approved distilled vinegars I have been hesitant to consume
anything with the distilled vinegar that is not identified and could be from
wheat. The past two weeks I've ventured into distilled vinegar in salad
dressing from Kraft. Also Cattlemans BBQ sauce from French's that is listed on the
GF list on Delphi forums. I'm not sure which one it is but I've been having not
only the cramps and diarrhea, but also a slight DH outbreak (haven't had any
of that since last year) and breathing problems. The only new things added to
my diet where the Cattlemans (all other ingredients are common I've consumed
with no problems in the past) and Kraft Ranch dressings. Are others having
problems with the distilled vinegar's? Many products have now shown up both on the
GAF lists and other places that have distilled vinegar saying all proteins
are burned off in the distilling process. How can we be sure the vinegar has
been distilled enough for all the proteins to be gone?
Thanks:
Betty