From:
Travis Coderre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 May 1997 02:30:35 -0400

This is my first post.  I am 31, female, and have been on this wonderful list
for about 2 months. My 3 yr old son was diagnosed with classic CD at 18 mos.
 He is doing great on a "zero tolerance" GF diet.  I'm the one with the
problems.  I tested strong positive blood and definate damage biopsy 6 mos
ago.  Since I had NO OBVIOUS SYMPTOMS and was 70 lbs overweight, I had to
convince drs to test me!  The weight was gained 1986-87 after a period of
extreme emotional stress, was not due to over eating, and has remained
consistent since.  Obesity does not run in our family but my short stature
does.  I have lost only about 10 lbs since going very strictly GF and I
really do not feel well.  The mild gastro problems I've always had (usually a
reaction to minor stress and maybe certain foods?) still occur. My mom just
tested negative on CD blood screening but was diagnosed with IBS.
                  I know I must convince a dr to do the follow-up tests
recommended by our experts; vitamins and bone density. (know any good docs in
the Windsor, Canada area?)  What should we be looking for?  Are there other
tests needed based on this problem?  Thanks to comments in the Archives by
the good Dr.Murray, I know this is not unheard of.  I just don"t understand
WHY. How can I resolve this health problem?  Sorting through the technical
info is confusing when it does not specifically relate, although I'm sure
there is a connection somewhere.  Sorry this is long but I honestly need
help. I am not depressed, just frustrated!  Thanks in advance for your
comments, advice or suggestions.  Please respond privately.   Elizabeth Ann
 :-}