Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 19:25:10 -0400

I am writing in reference to Ayn's post.  I remember an incident that
happened to me three weeks after diagnosis.  My daughter travels with a
sports team all over the country. Between games the team and parents
often have to grab food at the nearest location.  We went to a food
court in a mall and there was nothing there that I could eat.  Nothing!
I started crying.  One of my friends came over and wisked me away, she
was wonderful.  I have since learned to travel with food and I know how
to order in restaurants.

Being newly diagnosed is hard.  It initially seems overwhealming to
understand this diet.  It is a mourning process.  Losing friends does
not help in the emotional healing.  This list has always been a support.

Thank goodness we can count on each other.