Date:
Sat, 21 Sep 1996 16:35:26 -0400

Not being one to shy away from taking the other side of an issue.  This time
I'll jump in on the Kraft discussion.

While I certainly understand the anger and frustration of some of us who qare
having difficulty with Kraft I feel it is important to remember a few of our
goals.

1. We are trying to make friends of the food industry so we can in fact get
more accurate information so let's be careful about condeming them on the
list until we understand what may be going on.

2. Kraft used to put out a very hellpful list of their gluten free foods.

3. Why did they stop?
    Answer to #3. Perhaps they got scared off by some of the threats,real or
perceived, that they felt came from publishing information that they became
unsure of and felt they might be sued for. (Not good sentence structure, but
you understand)

4. When any company that used to help us  now shys away from providing
information we might want to look at ourselves to see why.  Did we leap on
them for some past act of providing uncertain lists, or perhaps because they
couldn't "guarantee" the ingredients of their sub-suppliers?

Do we really want to just write them off or do we want to work with them and
other food manufacturers to come to an understanding of what we really need
versus what they can really provide.

My feeling is we need each other and while we are all angered at this point
it is counter-productive to condemn them.

Let's work out standards, among ourselves, as to what is realistic to expect
a food company to provide and what is necessary for us to continue to use
their products.

Remember Kraft used to be one of the "good guys" and now they are reluctant.
What happened and what can we do to correct it.

Thanks for listening.
Taylor Cushmore