Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 10:09:42 -0500

I have had so many responses wanting more information on our trip to Stockholm so here is a summary for all of you who are interested in checking this out.

We took a day cruise to an Island off of Finland from Stockholm.  There we
had the Smorgasbord ( all foods marked GF if they were)
www.vikingline.se

McDonalds (ask for Gluten Free)
Max's Hamburgers (ask for Gluten Free)

We were staying with friends so we ate at home most of the time.  I do not
know the name of the Pizza place, they picked it up and brought it home. I
do know you must ask for Gluten Free.

It is very common to picnic anywhere you go.  Here are some of the places we
visited.

Drottingholm Palace  (beautiful)
The Royal Palace
Skansen (open air museum)  (Fantastic)
The Vasa Museum  ( This is unbelievable)  This ship sank in 1628 and was
pulled  from Stockholm harbor in 1961
Gamala Stan ( The Old Town)  (beautiful brick streets and very old buildings
great shopping)

for more museums  www.stockholmsmuseer.com

The bread mix and Oats are from the same company

The Bread mix  Semper GLUTENFRI MIX
                                      Med mjolk   (add two dots over the o)
The oats    Havregryn
                 Kaurahiutaleita

Semper Nutrition
Konsumentkontakt
105 46 Stockholm
           SWEDEN
www.semper.se

phone  020-62 20 00   (you will need to add the country code)  I think it is
011

Oy Arla Finland Ab
PL 231
00131 Helsinki
          FINLAND
www.semper.fi
phone  0800 92752 you will need to add the country code

The sites are probably not in English

      information card
      translations
      contact information
      links to other coeliac societies in the world
      Eat glutenfree in Sweden
      Are you a coeliac, going on vacation to Sweden? Read this!
      Glutenfree products

      You will find glutenfree products in the Supermarkets, for example
ICA, Vivo, Konsum, OBS, Hemköp. Look for the international glutenfree
symbol. In some cities there are special bakeries that only produce
glutenfree bread.

      Restaurants
      You can order glutenfree bread to your hamburger at McDonald´s, Burger
King, Max and Clock. In some cities there are Pizza-restaurants that can
make glutenfree pizza. Bring the information card in Swedish about the
glutenfree diet (below) and show the staff at the restaurant.

      Hotels
      Order glutenfree bread for breakfast when staying in a hotel. Many
hotels are used to the glutenfree diet.

      * If you know which cities you are going to visit in Sweden, let us
know and we can give you a list with the special bakeries and restaurants
nearby. We can also give you the name and address to a local contact person,
who can give you more detailed information.
      Information card in Swedish
 Jag är glutenintoleran Det innebär att jag inte tål att äta eller dricka
något
som innehåller vete, råg, korn och havre, t ex mjöl, gryn, ströbröd,
såsredning och panering. Jag vore tacksam om ni ville respektera detta.

            Translations

      An a-z of some common plants, grains, cereals and flours

            ENGLISH SWEDISH GLUTENFREE/
            NOT GLUTENFREE
            Almonds Mandel Glutenfree
            Arrowroot Arrowrot Glutenfree
            Barley Korn Not Glutenfree
            Breadcrumbs Ströbröd Not Glutenfree
            Buckwheat Bovete Glutenfree
            Corn Majs Glutenfree
            Cornstarch Majsstärkelse Glutenfree
            Flavouring Kryddor Glutenfree
            Flax Linfrö Glutenfree
            Glutinous rice Klibbigt ris Glutenfree
            Millet Hirs Glutenfree
            Potato Potatis Glutenfree
            Rice flour Rismjöl Glutenfree
            Rye Råg Not Glutenfree
            Semolina Mannagryn Not Glutenfree
            Wheat Vete Not Glutenfree

      Contact info

      If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us:
      The Coeliac Society in Sweden,
      Box 1160
      SE-171 23 Solna
      Sweden

      phone: +46 8 730 05 01
      fax: +46 8 730 05 02
      e-mail: [log in to unmask]

I am sure the contact above can give you more information.
Have fun,
Cecilia