From:
Medresearch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Medresearch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2007 22:47:36 -0500

My celiac friend has a college age daughter whom we have suspected is
celiac.

After a virus, she has developed a skin condition we suspect is dermatitis
herpetiformis.

She was going to the doctor today because it had gotten bad enough she needs
to have

something done about it.

I seem to remember that dapsone is used for DH but it has some side effects.

I would be grateful for anything you can share about managing DH beyond
staying gf.

I will be glad to summarize.

1.  Is a skin biopsy and antibody tests enough or would she have to have an
endoscopy biopsy?

2.  Are there bad side effects to dapsone compared to say steroids like
prednisone to treat a flare up?

Thanks

Paula in Pa.