From:
Carol Castellano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 19:15:27 EDT

Thanx to those who responsded.  I only received 3 responses on this subject,
so here they are:

My doctor referred me to the Great Smokies Lab in North Carolina, and gave
me a testing kit.  I drank some liquid after being on a particular diet for
a while, I don't remember how long, and then prepared urine samples
according to their directions, and sent them by Fed-Ex overnight to the lab.
Anyway, it's called a test for intestinal permeability.  There is a website
that explains the test.  If you haven't already received that info, I can
pull it from my files and forward it to you.
I've not had this done, but you might find this article interesting.

http://www.healthy.net/asp/templates/article.asp?PageType=Article&IDB5

By the way, if you have celiac disease or any food allergy, you certainly
have leaky gut too. They form a vicious cycle together.
I was diagnosed with the Great Smokies Intestinal Permeability Test that my
doctor ordered.

Carol
Mahopac, NY