From:
Barrie Woods <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 1997 10:18:46 +1200

Hello All,

I have a cousin who has suffered (supposedly) from Chron's disease
for many years.  Despite various treatments he continues to have severe
symptoms which seem, when he describes them, to be much like I
suffered before finding I had Celiac Disease.  My cousin has not been
specifically tested for Celiac, although he has had gastroscopies in the
past.  He has been asking me about Celiac and is considering going GF to
see if it helps.  I mentioned to him the difficulties of diagnosis by biopsy
after going GF.

My question is this:
What likelihood is there that Celiac Disease can be mistaken for Crohn's
Disease and have any listers have had a diagnosis of Crohn's before
finally being diagnosed Celiac?

Regards,

Barrie Woods
Christchurch