From:
Julee Katzman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 11:57:07 EST

Hello!

I started lurking about a month ago when my husband was diagnosed with
psoriatic arthritis. On a whim I decided to take wheat out of his diet and he
immediately felt better. Then a week later he reacted to oats and then it was
rye. So he hasn't been officially diagnosed by a professional yet, but we
think it's pretty obvious that he has an intolerance to gluten. I'm the one
on the list because I do almost all of the food shopping and preparation. I
have learned so much from this list; it's amazing!  I have so many questions
but I'll ask a couple at a time.

1. With Thanksgiving almost here, has anyone tried making a pie crust out of
the Health Valley rice bran crackers or the Mi-del ginger or pecan cookies?
You can e-mail me directly and I will post a summary to the group.

2. Is there a group in Boston, that meets occasionally? We love to eat out,
but are a little hesitant at this point. Going with an experienced group will
help us become more confident.

Again, this list is great!

Julee in Boston