From:
Bill Elkus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 1996 22:17:39 EDT

Today, Connie O'Brien <[log in to unmask]> asked:

>Does anyone have an ordering phone or fax number for KAL,
>or an address?  Thank you.

I am replying to the whole list as this company has not been mentioned before.
KAL makes a full line of vitamin and mineral supplements.  The bottles on most
of their products are labeled gluten free.  I have only called them about their
vitamin K, and felt their staff to be helpful and intelligent. I spoke with
Monica in customer service, about 5 months ago.  The two phone numbers I have
are (800) 755-8482 and  (818) 340-3035.

Another company which labels its vitamins as gluten free is Freeda in New York
City.  They give a 20% discount to members of this internet group (and to just
about anyone else who asks!):   (800) 777-3737

It is so difficult to track down all the sources of the individual components
in a many vitamins....its great that at least two firms are willing to state
right on their label that their product is gluten-free.  Of course, just making
the claim doesn't mean that it _is_ gluten-free, but its a much better starting
point than some other vitamin companies, which I have found to be very
difficult to work with when checking out the ingredients.

Bill Elkus
Los Angeles