From:
Naomi Collier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 02:03:53 -0400

In case anyone wants to know a great place to dine in Anchorage, Alaska, I
can heartily recommend Jens' Restaurant. My husband told them I was gluten
intolerant and began to explain what that was. The waiter told us he would
mark our ticket "gluten intolerant" and then the kitchen would know what to
do. I have to admit I was skeptical, until he returned and informed us that
the sausage in the appetizer we ordered contained gluten in the filler. I
was later informed that the chicken base they used in cooking the rice
contained gluten and so I had extra vegetables. The chef patron, Jens
Haagen Hansen, came out himself to let us know that they took gluten
intolerance very seriously.

I was impressed.

We have no financial interest in this restaurant... other than what we'll
be spending there in the future. Entrees ranged in price from $18 to $28.

Naomi Collier

Homeschooling Mom (& Silly Yak)