From:
Cynthia Mayhew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 15:24:48 EDT

These are some of the many helpful comments that I recieved.  I have the five
children here so I couldnt paste everything but the incredible support here
feels SOOOO Good to me.  Thank you all.  I wasnt expecting that.  Sorry too
if I didnt paste your name.  I just didnt have time.

 I have some questions on leaky gut.  This info is new to me.  Does anyone
know if a leaky gut is curable?  iow, if I stop all gluten (which im
intending on doing now) will i eventually be able to eat corn chips and
lemons and stuff again?  im even having trouble with beans.  I made my own
Hummus and ate it corn chips and got a bit sick (not classic Gluten sick with
the awful cramps and stuff but had to go a lot) I also bought "gluten free"
corn flakes at Wild Harvest and got sick from that.   I also am wondering if
anyone can advise me on my citrus problem.  if it makes me sick (gluten like
symptoms) does this mean i cant have citric acid?  Must I avoid it like I am
going to avoid gluten?  Do these other allergies have the same serious
consequences are gluten ingestion after diagnosis?

My dietician doesnt seem to know squat.  Just hands me lots of papers she
downloads from the internet.

 Thank you again for all of the kind support and great suggestions.
This list is great..

BEGIN PASTE OF HELPFUL COMMENTS***

By the way don't tell the family that they will be
eating GF.........Save yourself lots of hassle...............Jess

Hi. My best suggestion to you is buy a rice cooker and some asian recipe
books. get into thai food, vietnamese and japanese. Japanese is really fun -
get the kids rolling sushi! (It's a crazy little craft project)

Best of luck to you.

Cathy Larsen

Do not get all new appliances, all you need is one thing- a separate toaster,
as your GF bread is expensive to share with the family.

What I do is try never to be without something I like that is gf that I can
eat if I get hungry and loose patience with reading and planning.  It is
expensive you are right.  I try to have gf rice crackers always on hand, pop
corn which I love on hand.

If I were in your shoes (and I'm not), I would make my entire family eat
gluten free too.  There is no way to keep from getting cross contamination
cooking for that many people.  If you only did gluten free, you wouldn't have
to worry about safe utensils, appliances, flours, etc.

I would suggest that your family likes having you around, and
would do all they could to keep you healthy! It takes a while to get used
to, but it is definitely do-able, and definitely worth it!