Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 2003 19:02:49 EDT

Hi to the List,

   Again, I want to thank everyone for all of the replies which came back to
my inbox today. Boy there were many replies.

   Quite a few folks like myself who have gone on the gf diet said they
developed a cholesterol problem, however, there were a few others who luckily have
their cholesterol under control.

   Some of the folks feel that the reason that the cholesterol goes up is
because once one goes on the gf diet, the body is now able to absorb all of the
nutriets, both the good ones and the negative ones. I also found out that many
of the gf goodies such as cookies, cakes, rolls, etc. are high in fat content
and low in nutritional content.

   In general, I was told that exercise helps and it pays to cut down on
eating out. Eating less red meats and ice creams  helps and one should start
eating more fruits, nuts, fish,etc. Someone mentioned taking a fish oil supplement
daily as well.

   I was kind of hoping that a medical doctor in CD or a dietician
well-versed in CD would have answered my post, just about everyone who answered were
medical laypersons like myself. Therefore this is information which is the best
to everyone's knowledge. If others have more specific questions, they may want
to get in touch with their doctors.

   Thanks,
   Amy Kravitz [log in to unmask]