From:
Amy Kravitz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 17:23:29 EDT

Hi to the Group,

   I want to thank you all for writing in and giving tips on  how to make
eating out, and quick meals more interesting for the Celiac person. I am  new
to the diet, and frankly am a bit bored with my selections.

   I must have had about 25 people respond to me. Since I cannot thank
everyone personally, I will thank you all collectively.  I also have some
ideas which the other users shared with me.

   Cookbooks, Cooking Magazines:
   Fast & Healthy Gluten Free Cooking-Bette Hagman
   Against the Grain
   Gluten Free Gourmet Books
   Wheat-Free Recipes and Menus
   Cucina Fresca

   T.V. dinners & quick foods(Mypersonal favorites):
   Amy's brand: enchiladas, Thai Stir Fry, GF Macaroni and Cheese, Lasagna
   (can obtain these at Whole Foods Stores)
   Thai Kitchen: bowl of noodles foods, these are made of rice noodles

   Popular Restaurants:
  P.F. Chang's, Outback Steakhouse, Firstwatch, Chevy's Mexican Restaurants
   (many of these restaurants even have a GF menu)

   Companies:
   Gluten Free Pantry: Can order BiAglut Pasta, bread mix for French Bread,
                                 Spice Cake, etc.

   Glutino.com: Can order good corn pizza crusts for making pizza

   Ethnic Restaurants:
   Many Thai, Vietnamese, Chinese, Mexican, and Indian restaurants can
   accomodate the Celiac. It is advised to go in at a quiet time and speak
ahead
   of time with the chef about which items can be made gluten-free
   For Chinese foods, many folks bring in their own GF soy sauce
   Others suggest Italian restaurants with more natural  fishes, salads, etc.
polenta
   is also GF. Some folks will bring their own pasta and get sauce from the
restaurant
   It is suggested that higher-end restaurants are more accomodating to the
Celiac
   person than chain restaurants. They usually have fresh foods and
ingredients and
   usually have more time to help out.

   If I need to make any corrections to this list, please let me know. Thanks
for all of your input.

   Sincerely,
   Amy Kravitz [log in to unmask]