From:
AMY ROBERTS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AMY ROBERTS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2008 03:55:20 -0700

Hi all,

  Here's the response I got from Colgate about one of their kid toothpastes.

  Amy in Milw

  Thank you for contacting us with your question. We appreciate the
 opportunity to provide information regarding grain derived ingredients in
 Colgate Palmolive products.

We do not intentionally add gluten to the following Colgate Palmolive
 products.  However, we cannot guarantee that the ingredients used are
 not exposed to any glutens.

Afta Shave products, all variants
AJAX All Purpose Cleaner - Lemon and Ammonia
AJAX Cleanser
AJAX Dish Liquids - all variants
AJAX Laundry Detergents - Powders and Liquids
Cashmere Bouquet Bar Soap
Colgate Toothpaste, all variants
Colgate Shave Creams, all variants
Colgate Simply White Clear Whitening Gel, all variants
Crystal Clean Stick Deodorant, all variants
Crystal White Octagon Lemon Dish Liquid
DERMASSAGE Dish Liquid
Dynamo Laundry Detergent
Fab Laundry Detergents - Powder and Liquids
Fluorigard Rinse
Fresh Start Laundry Detergents
Gel-Kam Home Care Gel
Irish Spring Bar Soap, all variants
Lady Speed Stick Deodorants and Antiperspirants, all variants
Mennen Speed Stick Deodorants and Antiperspirants, all variants
MURPHY OIL SOAP - all variants
Orabase Paste and Orabase Gel
Orabase Soothe-N-Seal
PALMOLIVE Bar Soaps, all variants
PALMOLIVE Dish Liquids - all variants
PALMOLIVE Gel Dishwasher Detergent
PALMOLIVE Triple Action Tabs
Peroxyl Gel and Peroxyl Rinse
Phos-Flur Rinse
Platinum Toothpaste
Prevident Gel
Softsoap Liquid Soap, all variants
Softsoap Body Washes, all variants
TOTAL Floss
Ultra brite Toothpaste, all variants
Viadent Rinse
Viadent Toothpaste

Sorbitol is an ingredient which can be grain derived and may be found
 in toothpastes. Our sorbitol is corn-derived.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us. We hope this
 information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Maria Schriver
Consumer Affairs Representative