From:
Sue Hersom <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sue Hersom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jul 2009 12:39:56 -0400

We went to dinner at Willow Street Pizza in Los Gatos (they also have
restaurants at near Westgate and in Willow Glen in the San Jose area).  They
are famous for their wood-fired pizzas.  I ordered the g-f pepperoni pizza and
it was absolutely delicious!  Crispy crust, very good.

I wanted to pass along a few things I learned.  While dining, I talked with
Nancy Reineking, who is the restaurant’s Director of Operations.  Their g-f
menu is only about 2 weeks old, and they are very eager to please us.  They
also take cross contact very seriously - you even have to cut your own pizza
at the table because they do not want to take a chance on using the same
pizza cutter that was used on a gluten pizza.  They know to use clean water
for our g-f pasta.  They have a rotisserie chicken that could be g-f, but are
not sure of the ingredients in their garlic powder and do not have to take a
chance at this point to say it is g-f.  I believe they are doing everything they
can to accommodate our diet.

I also brought along a piece of my toasted bread and enjoyed pouring oil and
vinegar into a little dish to dip my bread into while waiting for my pizza.  As a
side note, my husband ordered their small gluten pepperoni pizza and said it
was very good.  The price of eating there with two pizzas and two sodas was
very reasonable - $40 (with tax and tip, plus I brought home ½ my pizza
because I could not eat it all!).  I can’t wait to go back and try their g-f
pastas and salads!  Their g-f menu is right on their website to click on.
http://www.willowstreet.com/menus.htm

I have no financial interest in this restaurant – just passing on some fabulous
information of where to dine.  The usual disclaimer though - eating out is
risky – be sure to ask the right questions!

Here are Willow Street Pizzas locations and addresses:

20 S. Santa Cruz Avenue, Los Gatos, CA, (408) 354-5566
1072 Willow Street, San Jose, CA (408) 971-7080
1554 Saratoga Avenue, San Jose, CA (408) 871-0400

Enjoy!

Sue