From:
Sharon Marcus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 22:04:31 +0300

Dear Listmates -

Last week I asked about the GF status of Drammamine [motion sickness
medicine] and if anyone had reactions to it. I got 7 responses.

The Clan Thompson site [don't know exactly what that is. One of the
respondents wrote me this:] says that Dramamine Chewable Tablets or
Original Formula Tablets cannot be guaranteed to be GF.

Someone suggested that Ginger Ale has been shown to be effective in
preventing motion sickness.

Someone else suggested that the same effective ingredient is found in
Bonine (on the same shelf) or prescription Antivert as alternatives,
both of which the respondent takes without problems.

One person gave her child Drammamine and it just made him sleepy. She
thinks it was once posted to this list as being GF.

So, although there is nothing written from the company in black and
white, it appears to be OK (if that's a good enough recommendation),
although there are alternatives.

I hope this has helped. Thank you to those who contributed.
Sharon Marcus
Israel