From:
Marge Johannemann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Aug 2000 21:35:37 -0400

tend to value more the things they have to pay something for. When we
held our screening in Louisville, we charged $15.00 per person, with the
fee due at the time of registration. Absolutely no one complained about
the fee. After our expenses were paid, we still had money left over to
make a sizable donation to the CFCR-U of M.

We had a lot more expense however, since we flew in both Drs. Fasano and
Dr. Horvath. We also had an all day seminar which we video taped, served
a GF lunch, had a food fair, raffles and a children's activity room. A
total of 342 people were registered with 284 getting blood draws.

Nurses at the hospital, and friends who were nurses and radiology techs.
volunteered to draw blood and assist with the paperwork. We did have to
buy liability insurance for five of these people, which was only $110
per person. Hospital personnel who volunteer are not covered under the
hospital's liability insurance when they do so, even when they are doing
it on hospital property.

The hospital literally rolled out the red carpet for us, and even had
their public relations department assist with advertising and media
exposure.

If any of you are planning to have a CFCR Testing Center, feel free to
email me for assistance. I have all of our procedures documented and
will be happy to email these instructions to anyone who requests them.

As Bev stated, this is really a worth while activity. I hope more of you
will consider doing this.

Marge Johannemann
Louisville, Kentucky