From:
Nehemiah Trustees Covenant Fund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Aug 1996 10:34:00 +0200

Hello fellow tuna lovers:

I was very interested to read the post from Leslie in NYC about Starkist
Tuna in Water.

I have been buying it voraciously since it was on sale and assumed it only
contained tuna and water. So after reading her post, I went to the
cupboard and looked at the label. Tho our Starkist was relabeled in Israel
to include Hebrew for the non-English reading population, the ingreds in
both languages state ONLY: light tuna, water, salt. Was I relieved!

It's not a matter of HVP not being kosher. It appears in many other food
items. Do we get a better deal here or what?

But thanks, Leslie, for encouraging us to never just assume that what's in
big letters on the packaging is all there is. It's always worth checking.

Sharon Marcus
Haifa