From:
Solange Moon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 2003 20:55:17 EST

Hi Peggy and All,

Yes, you do need to check on hair products.  I've had terrible problems with
shampoos, conditioners and hair sprays.  It has taken me two years to
determine
which products I can safely use.  I am spoiled and have always used very
high-end
products, only to find out that many of them are filthy with wheat germ oil,
wheat protein, barley water, and other offending substances.  In the end I
switched to Suave products and I have had no problems.  I still spend big
bucks for Redken 18 hairspray which does not have gluten on the label, and I
am too chicken to call them to find out because I am hooked.  I am not having
any problems with it, so I am nervous about finding out.

I do get lots of skin trouble from products, so I need to be diligent.  Many
of us do not suffer from skin problems, but remember that the skin is an
organ and exposure to gluten on the skin can still affect us internally.  I
have changed all of my vitamins to those which are GF.  Anything we put in
our bodies or on our bodies must be considered.

Good luck.

Love and peace,

Libby
NYC