From:
- Phyllis Chinn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2010 12:31:28 EDT

Are McCann's Oat products gluten free?In the supply chain between farm and
mill, there is a possible cross contamination with other grains, such as
wheat and barley but we reckon that the level of non-oat grains to be less than
0.05%. Cleaning equipment within the milling process would remove the vast
majority of these grains along with other elements such as stones, straw
etc.

But we cannot guarantee that McCann's oats are totally gluten free and we
recommend that consumers use their own judgement as to whether they wish to
use our oatmeal or not. Many celiacs can tolerate our oatmeal products
without any adverse effect but they may not suit those who are particularly
sensitive.