Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2006 19:50:43 -0800

I just posted my waffle recipe to the person who requested it.  Thought that some others might get a waffle iron for Christmas and be looking for a recipe.  I have tried several over the years and not liked any of them.  This will always be my favourite.

Gluten free waffles

Sift together

1/2 cup rice flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1/2 tsp Zanthan gum
3 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt   (if you don't use salt free butter reduce this to                                         1/4 tsp)
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder

Beat 3 eggs,  then add
2 oz melted salt free butter
16 oz buttermilk

Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ones and mix lightly with a spatula.  Let rest for five minutes then cook on waffle iron according to manufacturers directions.

Spray waffle iron with cooking spray or brush with oil.  Be sure to wait until waffle stops steaming before opening.

These waffles freeze very well. Thaw by toasting.

Jessie

*******
*******