From:
Silandara Skydancer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 1996 23:01:20 -0400

I agree with this.  While being able to order a gluten free meal would be
lovely, what about those of us who can't have corn, dairy, rice, other foods?
 I wouldn't even consider trying to order food that I can eat from an
airline.  My own mother hasn't quite got it yet.

One thing that I have noticed about the desire for accurate food labeling is
that some people on this list just want gluten free labeling on everything
that is gluten free.  But what about corn free, and rice free and lactose
free?  If everything is labelled ****-free, then they'll be no room on the
box to put the actual ingredients, with which an informed consumer would be
able to tell whether or not that food was safe for their particular diet.

Myself, I prefer to buy basic foods, and grow the rest.

Silandara

[log in to unmask] wrote:
It would be nice if the rest of the world
would arrange things so as to elimnate the considerable inconveniences of
this diet, but c'mon. Accurate and comprehenvisve labelling is a much more
important issue, and one that impacts a significant % of the population.