From:
Joan Yakscoe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 11:36:28 -0400

I was talking with a colleague today and he began telling me
about GI symptoms he has had for the past two years.  He had stomach pains
and had gallbladder surgery and still experiences pain.  Two endoscopic
and colon exams.  He does not think they tested for celiac.  His symptoms are:
excessive acid in stomach so much that it wakes him at night, weight loss,
hair loss, intense stomach pain, tiredness, (also diagnosed with IB).

I am not a physician but I know I suffered for 17 years with many of the
same symptoms before diagnosis.  He said the doctors are telling him it is
stress and also treating him as if it were all in his head.

My question, if he has had two endoscopic procedures would they not have
noticed the villi were flattened?

Also, has anyone experienced lots of stomach acid as a symptom.

He is thinking about trying the diet and my heart goes out to him.
I know all of us know what it is like when you are sick and you are
being told it is in your head.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Joan