From:
explorer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 1997 01:56:11 +0000

On Sun, 27 Apr 1997 Shari Weber wrote:

> I used to get car sick when a child sitting in the back seat but havent
> noticed it lately...I'm going on a cruise in 5 days so will definately
> get some dramamine (but is it GF?)...

Shari,

GI queasiness goes hand in hand with food intolerances, probably because
of damage to intestinal villi, improper intestinal pH due to Celiac
Sprue, intestinal bacterial infections that have proliferated due to
Celiac Sprue, and lack of healthy bacteria levels.  I am judging this
from my own experience because I am much more queasy when I eat
something I am allergic to and sometimes, I can get nauseas just
standing there.

I have had motion sickness all my life and I can't stand being a
passenger on a car, boat or plane or any moving thing, including
carnival rides.  I can't even stand to sit in a rocking chair or it will
upset my stomach!!!  By the way, I also have a swollen inner ear.

I found the best thing to do is to try and stabilize my GI tract as much
as possible by not eating aggravating foods on a trip and taking good
bacteria every morning on an empty stomach. I think it is important to
learn to start ingesting natural substances, rather than pills.  For
example, did you know that main component of Dramamine is ginger?  Foods
are the new drugs of the 1990's and we are rediscovering that natural
foods have what our bodies naturally need.  Being intestinally
compromised, I have rediscovered natural foods and couldn't survive
without them.  They keep me on my feet.