From:
Ann Sokolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jul 2000 00:05:21 -0700

I've beeen playing with a biscotti recipe that is so good and so simple
and so versatile.

Here goes
Preheat oven to 350 and grease a jelly roll pan or cookie sheet with lip
on all sides.

1 pkg gf cke mix [more about flavors beflow]
5 eggs
3/4 cup gf oil [or melted and cooled butter]
2 tablsopoons gf extracts
2 cup toasted nuts [optional;]
1 cup dried fruits [optional

combine all ingredients.  Pour into jelly roll pan and ckae for 20 to 30
min until tests done.  Remove from oven, but keep oven onm slice cookies
into thirds [the long way] and across in 1/2 inch slices.  Remove half
and spread out on another jelly rool pan [undreased] and put back in
oven for 3 to 10 min, until golden.  Cool and store in air-right
container.

flaorings...2 tablelspons anise extract with yellow cake batter

1/2 teas ground cloves, 1 tablesppons instant expresso powder, 2
tablsppoon almond extract with chcolate cake mix

2 teas ground ginger, 1/2 cup finely chopped candied ginger with yellow
cake mix

etc, etc, etc.  I'm sure you can come up with other comginations. The
technique is reallly simple and the results terrific!