Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 14:49:06 EDT

Most of the approximately 10 responses to my querry about availability of gf
food in prisons & homeless shelters indicated an ever present FEAR of eventual
confinement in a nursing home and lack of attention being paid to strict
gluten-free meals!  One person told of a Celiac donating her time at Winnipeg
Harvest (a charity) asking for Celiacs to donate food items, and she prepares the
gf food packets (which must match item for item the "normal" items) which are
distributed to the Celiac needy.  If for this person, there wouldn't be any gf
packets.

Several had experiences in hospitals indicating a sad lack of information
e.g., fasted the day before an endoscopy, only to receive a sandwich afterwards.

My Summary - Part 2 is most enlightening - a company which provides
gluten-free meals via charitable organizations - tax free - world over.  He was
reluctant to post himself, since he's an employee of the company of which this is a
part.

Margaret Lee in Naples, Florida