From:
Ann Sokolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 14:15:54 -0400

You may have read my post on Atkins products....I have been mullling
over the info that for something to be gf..it must have NO MORE than 100
ppm of gluten.  This is a horror ...We have the one disease where a
molecule is as bad as a lb, according to our Assocations.  This accounts
for so much on the conversy surrounding foods such as vinegar and
canola...Legally, they may be gf, but in reality are not....

It seems to me, that knowing that, we mut add another question to our
list when we call or write manufacturers questioning the gf status of
their products...."How many parts per million  of gluten does your
products contain?"

It also seems to me that our professional organizations should get on
this case...gluten free should be just that...GLUTEN FREE....with no
parts per million.   If they claim they can't do it, then walk with our
wallets to another company that can supplly our needs.

Ok...I'm sorta off the soap box [just a toe left on]...but I really feel
we have to act on this....

If you low carb products, Atkins in particular, or just want to get the
ball rolling call his customer svc no at 1800 6 atkins and tell them to
change the oats to rice or corn.  If enough call, they will listen Ann