From:
Sidona Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 20:58:17 -0700

I posted earlier this week the message from Janet Anderson at Cold Stone
Creamery stating that their Sweet Cream, Chocolate Ice Cream and Yogurt
are gluten free.  But to stay away from the sugar free.  Well, after
several more questions, I have more information for those who are
interested, not to mention I visited one of their stores to better
understand what they were telling me on the phone.

They have in their stores several flavors of ice cream.  Some of them
are flavored with puree and all others with different extracts.  They do
not know about the extracts.  Maria there told me that they are a small
company (yet growing) and are trying their best to service everyone's
needs.  Anyway, their Sweet Cream, Cheesecake, French Vanilla and Double
Dutch Chocolate ice creams are from puree and are gluten free per
Maria.  Most of the rest are from extracts.  They have the bottles there
so that you can see which ones are from extracts.  For example, they
have a White Chocolate Extract, that means their White Chocolate Ice
Cream has an extract.

For those if you who aren't familiar with their type of ice cream shop,
you pick an ice cream and then you pick a topping and they mix them
together thoroughly on a marble slab.  The toppings include things like
cherries, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, etc.  Then on to M &
M's, Heath Bars, etc.  All in separate jars.  She told me the fruit
toppings are gluten-free.

Their web-site is:  http://www.coldstonecreamery.com/

It has their store locations if anyone is interested.

Sidona/San Diego