From:
Rebecca Buffum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 18:34:45 -0800

Not too long ago, someone talked about the idea of  creating a dating
service to try to hook people up with other Celiacs. I know there were some
issues that made this difficult to pursue, but it made me think of another
possible use for that kind of service. Personally, I don't have an interest
in the dating service b/c I'm married, but I would love to connect with
other people around my age in my area. I've been to two support group
meetings in two different states, and while both were great, I saw very few
people my age. I think it would be great for people to find peers to share
resources and experiences with, even if they didn't become best friends.

It sounds like the dating service idea couldn't represent enough people from
each state. Maybe this added element could make it more useful?

Any thoughts or ideas?

Becca
Mill Valley, CA