From:
NANCY MELISSA LUTZ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 11:01:36 -0600

Many thanks to all who replied to my request for a
GF margarine that is also dairy-free and soy-free.

A few people sent suggestions of margarines that were
either dairy-free or soy-free but not both. Since that
was not the topic of this post, I'm not going to include
those there (but thanks for trying!)

A few people, in typical fashion of this list, also
sent me little sermons about the evils of eating any
kind of margarine. Again, thanks, but I think we all
should make our own choices about what we do and don't
eat.

Just as I was about to despair (olive oil on Ener-g toast
just doesn't cut it for me!!), one person finally sent me
a suggestion for what I was looking for (and I also
discovered it myself at the grocery store last night):

Fleischman's light in the tub (not stick) is indeed GF,
dairy-free, and soy-free. (It has corn oil and canola oil,
so for all you no-canola types, sorry!)

Almost all dairy-free GF margarines have soy, this was the
only one that doesn't.

So, good news for any of you in the same predicament. And
thaks to all who replied.

Best,
Nancy (ST Louis, USA)