Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 2014 15:19:04 -0500

THANK YOU to those of you who responded to my request for recent, tried-and-true restaurants in Toronto and Niagara Falls (Canada side). I have compiled responses below.

Monica

------------------

TORONTO

Magic Oven, about a 10-15 minute walk south of Casa Loma
"It serves gluten free pizza (they use separate utensils and pans) and many different pasta dishes.  Lots of salad choices (with gluten free dressing) and veggie dishes too.  My 7-year old daughter (who has Celiac) enjoys it and has never had a problem.  Favourite is the GF, vegan chocolate cake.  It is a located on Dupont Street, just east of Spadina Avenue." http://www.magicoven.com/_menu.php

"There is a small, completely gluten free restaurant near Spadina and Dundas St called Kensington Cornerstone (Eaton Centre is at Yonge and Dundas, so this may also be a 15-20minute walk).  Great pulled pork sandwiches, fries, and apples cider.  Hamburgers are huge and tasty. Evening menu is a bit on the adult side, but my children like it." (http://kensingtoncornerstone.com/)

"For fast food, Swiss Chalet has rotisserie chicken and ribs that are GF.  Lots of GF sides to choose from.  The restaurants has an allergen chart available on site (allergen chart is also much very easy to use onlinehttps://www.swisschalet.com/nutrition-allergies).  Ask waitress to note "allergy" and ensure staff change gloves when preparing GF plates.  Dipping sauce is also GF (and tasty).”

Il Fornello — gluten-free pizza and pasta

The Keg (steak house)

Boston Pizza (has a GF menu)

East Side Mario's (has a GF menu)

Baton Rouge (steak house - GF menu)

While not in the city, one list member told me about this place, which sounds awesome and I plan to visit on a future trip: Schooner Fish and Chips in Oshawa (dedicated fryers).

NIAGARA FALLS (Canada side)
Crepe Cafe Bistro Parisien
4613 Queen St.
289 296-4218
It is not a gluten free restaurant but they have a huge gluten
free following. Their crepes are divine and they have homemade
french fries made in a designated fryer.

Swiss Chalet (Lundy's Lane) -- "do not eat the fries," writes the list member

Dairy Queen (Lundy's Lane)

Outback

De Healthy Baker

Rainforest Café