From:
David Popowich <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Popowich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 08:37:00 -0500

Happy Spring!

We are making this for Easter, but substituting the cheese for dairy free. to cover all the allergies in the family!

1 batch of  pizza dough (I am using French Bread and Bagel Mix from the Gluten Free Pantry.  The original recipe called for 2 tubes of crescent rolls)
1/4# ham, thinly sliced
1/4# pepperoni, thinly sliced
1/4# genoa salami, thinly sliced
1/4# provelone cheese, thinly sliced
1/4# swiss cheese, thinly sliced
1/4# american cheese, thinly sliced
1 large jar roasted red peppers
2 eggs beaten, reserve 2T
salt, pepper and garlic to taste

In a greased 9 x 13" pan,  roll out 1/2 the pizza dough to make a solid layer.  Alternate layers of meat and cheese.  Top with roasted peppers.  Pour egg and seasonings over all.  Top with remaining dough.  Brush with egg.  Cover with foil. Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  Remove foil and bake 30 more minutes.  Cut into squares.  Serve warm or at room temp.  Can be made ahead.

Also, I discovered that my brownie dough makes great cookies.  Instead of baking the brownies in a pan, I dropped the dough by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil and baked them.  They made great, chewy cookies which traveled well to school! I always bake my cookies on foil so that they can cool without crumbling and I don't have to worry about clean pans.  Regards, Clare  Belchertown MA