From:
Jax Lowell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jax Lowell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Nov 2015 13:02:01 -0500

Dear Friends,

 I want to share some amazing news with you.

My newest book, The Gluten-Free Revolution published by Holt, NY earlier this year was just named by the prestigious and often persnickety American Library Association journal Booklist as one of the “Top Ten Food Books of 2015.”  I share this great honor with Alice Waters, Mark Bittman, Ruth Reichl, Mario Batali and Bobby Flay, among other notable chefs, food writers, icons and activists.

This is the first time a G/F title has been considered outside the ghetto of gluten-free writing.  We should all be proud of that.

We’ve come such a long way in our community.  I remember so vividly the bad old days when there was nothing worth eating.  We were considered hypochondriacs, crazy and worse when we insisted on a safe meal. When Against The Grain was published in l995, I had no idea it would be bestseller, that other books would follow or that I would go from crazy person to being called “the godmother of gluten-fee.”   I just wanted to give my fellow celiacs the book I wished I’d had when I was so sick.

There is a great lesson in this for us all.  Just keep doing what you believe in and the rest of the world will catch up.

This new book reflects my growing passion not only for the safety and quality of gluten-free food, but for all food.  In my view, taking back and protecting our food supply from mega processors and chemical companies, demanding safe ingredients and full disclosure about what’s in our food is the most important moral and health issue facing us today.

I thank you for your support and encouragement over the years and for giving me the sense I was doing something good and worthwhile.

To your health!

Jax Peters Lowell

http://www.jaxlowell.com

 https://www.facebook.com/JaxPetersLowell