From:
"Sandra (Sandy) Cartwright" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 11:41:16 EST

While a mother's concern for her child is understandable, and we all feel
frustrated at times because of the limited choices of GF commercial products,
getting "upset" and angry at manufacturers is not going to help any of us.  We
need to learn to be gracious and to encourage the manufacturers, not berate
them.  Kellogg's gave up on us with their Kenmi Rice Bran Cereal because we
were so rude.  Manufacturers are going to be more and more reluctant to work
with us if we continue to berate them and threaten them.  A better plan might
be to work toward an even more complete ingredient listing on labels through
the FDA so that we can know if a product is usable.  Also mailable address or
a working phone number should be required on all food labels.  Remember that
we are not the only ones with food restrictions. Every product we demand be
made GF may deprive a person with an allergy or intolerance. to the
substituted ingredient.  The manufacturers need to feed us all.    SC in TC