From:
Carol Ray <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol Ray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 17:03:15 -0500

Most of my responses have been requests for a summary! LOL!

2 replies recommend: Ener-g brand crackers

1 recommends: Dr. Schar brand crackers

One reply referred me to these websites:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/messages?msg=12689.1
http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/messages?msg=32734.1
http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/messages?msg=15920.1
http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/messages?msg=7557.1
http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/messages?msg=37334.1
http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/messages?msg=12689.1
http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/messages?msg=13101.1

I felt that these recipes were rather complex, (and some are duplicates).

But, I felt I should include these for those of you who enjoy a challenge.

Here is the simplest recipe sent to me:

Soda Crackers

Recipe By     :
Categories    : Breads

    2      Cups          Flour……Replace with GF flour blend
    1      Teaspoon      Salt
      1/2  Teaspoon      Baking Soda
      1/4  Cup           Butter
      1/2  Cup           Sour Milk
    1      Large         Egg

Sift the flour, salt and baking soda into a bowl. Cut in the butter
until very fine. Add the milk and egg and mix to make a stiff dough.
Kneed thoroughly, and then roll the dough very thin. Cut into squares or
rounds and place on lightly buttered cookie sheets. Prick the crackers
with a fork and then bake in a 400 degree
 oven for 10 minutes or until
very lightly browned. If desired, crackers may be sprinkled with coarse
salt.

I would like to add: After kneeding, possibly another method would be to
make one inch balls and flatten with a rolling pin or the bottom of a glass
to about 1/8th inch thickness.  Once very lightly browned, turn oven way
down to  150-200 degrees for 20-30 minutes(to completely dry the crackers
so that they remain crispy).

I have not tried this recipe yet. Should one of you try this recipe, please
post your results and taste test opinions. I am sure the results will vary
depending on the GF flour blend used. Please remember to include the GF
flour blend recipe or the prepackaged GF blend brand that you have used.
Once I have had the chance to bake some crackers, I will post my results as
well.

Thank you all for your help.