From:
Sidona Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 09:06:54 -0700

I was recently in Lodi, CA.  It's a little south of Sacramento.  I went
to a Baskin Robbins for ice cream.  On the front of the glass where you
view the ice cream, there are labels for all of the different kinds of
ice cream.  On 90% of the ice cream labels you found the following:

Contains:  dairy, sugar

Contains:  gluten, dairy, peanuts

Contains:  gluten, dairy, sugar

This is just an example, they all varied depending on the ingredients.
I'm assuming the labels that didn't have this on them were their new
flavors and didn't have a new label yet.  This is the first time I've
seen this at Baskin Robbins.  I was ecstatic and couldn't wait to share
this with you all.

One more thing.  I had read sometime earlier about Hormel's Pepperoni
having "gluten-free" listed on it.  I personally am not crazy about
pepperoni, but when I was in the grocery store I had to check to see if
it was true.  When I saw those words, "gluten-free" I sat there in the
deli section and had a moment.  I'm not kidding, I was truly moved and
it gave me hope that someday more and more "regular" companies will do
the same.

Thanks for listening and have a wonderful "gluten-free" day.

Sidona