From:
Richard Lovegrove <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Lovegrove <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 16:58:05 -0500

My apologies for taking forever to post this summary. It was part laziness,
part uncertainty about some of the replies, and part computer crash. I'm
not even certain that I recovered all of the messages.

I asked people to tell me of companies that say they will clearly list
gluten in their ingredients, not hiding it in things like "modified food
starch." That does NOT mean that you won't ever see "modified food starch"
in their ingredients, but it does mean there's no gluten in the MFS.

Note that I am not listing companies that make nothing but GF products (we
know many of those) and I make no guarantees about cross contamination.
Some of these products are made on dedicated lines and some aren't. Some of
these companies are subsidiaries of other listed companies but I didn't try
to sort that out.

If you see any obvious mistakes or know of any others, please let me know.

The companies I know about or were told about are:

Progresso
Kraft
Nabisco
Post
General Mills
Betty Crocker
Pillsbury
Old El Paso
McCormick
Nestle
Hershey
Russell Stover
Green Giant
Sunny Delight
Baskin Robbins
Campbells (maybe just for wheat, though, not barley or rye)
Celestial Seasonings
Kozy Shack
Muir Glen
Cascadian Farms
Yoplait
Hungry Jack
Martha White

As a bonus, here are a few that list GF products on a web site. I'm sure
there are many more.

Johnsonville
Hormel
Turkey Hill
McDonald's
Wendy's (lists ingredients for each product)
Outback (menu)
Uncle Ben's
Manischewitz
Amy's Kitchen