Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 23:05:13 -0800

Hi Folks,

I was visiting Edy's/Dreyers/Dreamery web site today and was amazed at how
thorough and celiac friendly it is.

Every ingredient of every product is clearly listed in plain English and the
purpose of ingredients is carefully explained.  They divulge the source of
such generally puzzling ingredients such as modified food starch,
maltodextrin and mono and diglycetides.  I was surprised to find that all
these ingredients can be derived from sources that are all right for people
on a gluten-free diet.  When reading a label that states the products
contain these mystery ingredients you usually just have to put them back on
the shelf.

I called Edy's (the parent company) and they assured me that all of their
products are gluten-free unless they contain such things as pie dough or
cookie crumbs which obviously contain wheat flour.

All of these products are reasonably priced and delicious.  Our lucky day!

http://www.edys.com/

Joe Clemens, Port Angeles, Washington, USA     [log in to unmask]