From:
Cecilia Vohl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 18:09:18 -0700

Dear Listmates:

One of our members just posted a request for a Matzo Ball Soup, which one
can make using either Manischewitz Potato Pancake Mix or Carmel Potato
Pancake Mix. I made mine with Manischewitz, and it was a hit amongst the
gluten-eating faction. Here's how it's done:

Beat two eggs well in a bowl.  Mix with 12 ounces cold water.  Then add the
contents of the bag and stir until batter is well mixed.  Let stand for
about 15 minutes, then form the batter into balls.  You can steam in a
double boiler, or you can drop in lightly salted boiling water and cook at a
rolling boil for 20 minutes.  Add to your favorite kosher chicken broth, and
voila', you gots soup!

Cecilia Vohl
Cecilia's Gluten-Free Grocery
Web site: http://www.glutenfreegrocery.com